Sunday, April 05, 2009

A much needed break at Krabi



Our first time in Krabi and we really didnt know what to expect!! Both of us were so busy with work we didnt even have time to check out what Krabi has to offer....but you know what, being spontaneous can sometimes bring a few suprises!!!!

The moment we landed at Krabi, we headed to our Hotel at Ao Nang and off I went shopping!!! Yup, cant get away from shopping, my favourite pastime. Unfortunately (or fortunately for Leslie) I didnt see many things which I liked. The only thing I really wanted was a fake Jimmy Choo bag which cost a whopping 8,000 baht!!!
Leslie doing an impersonation of the mannequin...lol


I have to admit, Krabi is quite cheap compared to Langkawi. Despite being a popular tourist spot for Westerners, the prices are still pretty reasonable. It makes me wonder why Langkawi (one of my fav retreats) is so damn expensive!!


On Fri-Sun, starting at 5pm, Krabi Town has night market, something like our pasar malam, but they have such a huge variety of food. People in Thailand really enjoy food!!!


Fried Ice-Cream
and of course, Phat Thai


A visit to Krabi will not be complete without exploring the island. Due to time constraint, we decided on Railey, which is located approx 10 min away from Ao Nang by Long Tail Boats. The cost, 80 baht per person. The catch..you'll have to wait till the boat has min 8 ppl!!! Not a problem when you go to Railey, but major hassle when you return...hmmm...that's another story to tell!!!


Railey has Railey East & Railey West. Most people will stop at Railey West and soak up the sun at Tonsai Beach. But Leslie and I did a bit of exploring. We walked from Railey West to Railey West (more famous for rock-climbing). FYI, no, we didnt do any rock climbing...because Leslie said it looked pretty easy :-)



Leslie playing with some kittens





On our final night at Krabi, Leslie and I decided to have massages. Leslie had a whole body massage which I settled for foot reflexalogy :-P. For dinner, we choosed a quiet place by the beach. Nothing beats the sound of waves while you're sipping wine!!!

I am sure Leslie and I will return to Krabi. It is indeed a agood place to just unwind after working our butts off :-)

No comments: