Monday, March 09, 2009

Movie : Twilight

Last Friday after months of waiting, finally I got my copy of Twilight :-)

When Leslie asked me what's Twilight about, I told him that it is a vampire movie with love story on the side. Little did I know it was the other way round, a love story, involving a girl and a vampire - no horror what-so-ever!!!!

TWILIGHT is an action-packed, modern-day love story between a teenage girl and a vampire. Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) has always been a little bit different, never caring about fitting in with the trendy girls at her Phoenix high school.
When her mother re-marries and sends Bella to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she doesn't expect much of anything to change. Then she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson), a boy unlike any she's ever met.
Edward is a vampire, but he doesn't have fangs and his family is unique in that they choose not to drink human blood. Intelligent and witty, Edward sees straight into Bella's soul. Soon, they are swept up in a passionate, thrilling and unorthodox romance. To Edward, Bella is what he has waited 90 years for – a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy. But what will Edward & Bella do when a clan of new vampires – James (Cam Gigandet), Laurent (Edi Gathegi) and Victoria (Rachelle Lefevre) – come to town and threaten to disrupt their way of life?

Anyway, I was not disappointed. I absolutely love this movie. Now, tell me, which girl can resist a movie about a guy who will do just about anything for a girl...esp a bad boy with a panache for blood..ahahahha.

There are so many parts which I enjoyed - like when he stares at her when she sleeps. When she piggy back her while scaling trees, when both of them were talking on the bed and she fell asleep and cuddled him while he looked so uncomfortable.....so romantic!!



Putting all that aside, this movie definitely has flaws..cheesy line being one of them. Like when Bella said Edward looked beautiful when the sun ray shines on him...eeewwwww....... that really made me cringe.

To me the most spectacular thing about this movie was the scenery. Esp the view from the top of the trees. Absolutely amazing.
All in all, it was quite a good movie. I think I'll re-watch it again now ;-)

No comments: