Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Outing at Bangsar Village

Leslie & I love spending time at Bangsar Village. The place is just so spacious and there is never a huge crowd. We normally spend the whole day there. I will do what I do best, ie shopping while Leslie will usually sits at Starbuck and does what he does best – working!!!


One afternoon after a hard day of shopping, we decided to have a light meal at Su Chan. I’ve never been there before but have always wanted to try. Ever since a good friend brought Su Chan’s signature Tiramisu to one of my dinner parties, I was hooked!!!
But, remember, this was a light meal, so no tiramisu. Anyway, you’ll find out why later..


I had their Thai Laksa, which was fabulous ( it tasted a bit like Kelantan Laksa which I absolutely love), the soup was not spicy at all with loads of santan. I ate all my noodles and drank all the soup, not a single drop left. I really enjoyed the meal.

Leslie had the vegetarian linguini, a tomato based pasta with carrots, capsicum and very (I mean very) generous dose of oregano…really flavorful…

As usual Leslie spent all this time on this computer. Sometimes I do think he loves his computer, PSP, car more than me :-(

Anyway, all was forgiven when he agreed to bring me to Outback Steakhouse for ….. Chocolate Thunder From Down Under….ahahahaha. Yes, I was saving my tummy for another dessert.
I saw an episode of “Sweets for my Sweet” on Asian Food Channel, with Allan Wu and wife & I could not wait to try the desserts at Outback Steakhouse after that!!!!


I have to say, I was not disappointed. Chocolate Thunder from Down Under have basically 3 layers, a base of sinful pecan brownie, a huge scoop of vanilla ice-cream, topped off with a dollop of light & fluffy whipped cream. OOohhh…did I mention that the pecan brownie sits on top of most wonderful chocolate sauce….everything just blend together so perfectly.. a truly magnificent dessert!!!!!
I think I gained 3lbs from the dessert but, you know what… it was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to hit the GYM :-P

No comments: